We offer highly tailored advice and solutions to our corporate and investor clients in all types of liability-driven capital structure situations and challenges. Our services include debt reduction, covenant modifications, maturity extensions, liability management, distressed sales and corporate strategy. Since inception, the team has advised on over $27bn in credit re-capitalisation and restructuring for clients include number of high-profile transactions.
Previous engagements include:
- The restructuring of Centro Properties Group worth $9.7bn
- The acquisition and re-financing of Nine Entertainment by Oaktree Capital and Apollo for $3.4bn
- The re-capitalisation and re-financing of Reliance Rail worth $2.0bn
- The TPG-led consortium on the re-structure of Alinta Energy for $1.5bn
- The re-structure of Bis Industries worth $1.1bn
- The merger and re-capitalisation of Orionstone, Emeco and Andy’s Earthmovers worth $663m
Separating a UK and Australian business
The Corporate Advisory team advised Slater & Gordon on its $782 recapitalisation and restructure, separating the UK and Australian business to deliver stability to the Group and a strategic pathway back to profitability.
The transaction demonstrated our ability to:
- Asset a professional services/ human capital asset backed organisation through a sensitive reorganisation in Australia and the UK preserving clients and assisting in staff retention.
- Deconstruct a complex operational and financial business model with subsequent explanation to a wide range of stakeholders (lenders, shareholders, staff and class action claimants) to secure support for a transaction.
- Design and execute a complex deleveraging and demerger which also dealt with live class action litigation and cross-border platform separation.